Mariana J. Rigel, Direttrice
Mariana J. Rigel is a jazz singer and professional translator as well as an early childhood music educator.
Born in Rome, Italy from an American father and Argentinean mother, Mariana is fluent in three languages (English, Spanish, Italian). She attended Berklee College of Music, graduating Summa Cum Laude in Professional Music with a concentrate in Jazz Composition, and had the opportunity to study vocal jazz performance with world-class musicians including Gabrielle Goodman and Lisa Thorson. A previous degree in translations and interpreting from the University of Rome allows her to delve into lyric translation and adaptation in all three languages.
Mariana is the founder and director of "MaidenItaly"® a fourteen piece Italian jazz ensemble based in Boston featuring three part close harmony vocals, an all-star band and the true Italian flair of the 1930s. At the same time, Mariana discovered her passion for early childhood music education and became a registered Music Together teacher and certified Canta y Baila conmigo instructor.
Mariana believes that music should be shared and the greatest gift we can give to our children and to the generations to come is basic musical competence because it is something innate to us and therefore we should develop it like any other basic life skill. There is nothing quite as rewarding as working with young children and families and the connection and relationship created throughout the semester is something magical. Mariana’s extensive musical knowledge, her performance background and her teaching experience in both parent-child classes and private vocal classes make her a terrific teacher and director.
• B.Mus., Professional Music (concentrate in Jazz Composition), Berklee College of Music (Boston, USA)
• B.A., Translations and Interpreting, Scuola Superiore per Interpreti e Traduttori (Italy)
• Music Together® training program.
• Music Together® Certification Level 1 status for outstanding achievement in teaching, musicianship, program philosophy and parent education.
• Canta y Baila Conmigo certified teacher.
• Orff-Schulwerk - Elemental music and movement education for children ages 3 to 11 (Università degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata - CDM Onlus)
• HealthRHYTHMS® Group Empowerement Drumming and Adolescent Protocol Facilitator
• Founder of MaidenItaly (www.maidenitalymusic.org)